Important AnnouncementsAll Important Announcements
We’re getting ready for you, HAWKS!
As the summer draws to a close, NTES staff has been and will continue to be preparing for our students return to school. Principal, Mrs. Perry is excited to welcome back her staff on August 18th, and shortly after, students return on August 25th.
What to expect before the start of school…
· Teachers will call the students/parents that are assigned to his or her classroom the week of August 18th, to introduce him or herself and to welcome each student to his or her class.
· The school’s “Meet and Greet” opportunity has been set for Friday, August 22nd. Rising kindergarten students and families should drop-in to meet their child’s teacher between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m., while rising 1st through 5th graders should visit their new classroom teacher between 4:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
During the “Meet and Greet,” parents will funnel into the school through the gymnasium (side of the building.) In the gymnasium, parents will have the opportunity to purchase school spirit wear, become a member of the PTA, sign up for PTA committees, speak with NTES transportation personnel, etc.
· Transportation forms, indicating bus stop and times, will be available for pick-up in your child’s classroom during the “Meet and Greet.”
Mark your calendar…
· Brooklyn Pizza event—August 19th (4:00 p.m.—9:00 p.m.) Mrs. Perry and Mr. Watts, along with many staff members, will be present throughout the afternoon/evening. Stop by for dinner and say hello, or maybe just pick up food for home. (15% of the total sales will go back to the school. Please tell the cashiers you are with NTES, and place your receipt in the NTES box.)
· Kindergarten Curriculum Night—Thursday, August 28th 6:00 p.m.
· No School for Kindergarteners—Friday, August 29th
· No School—Monday, September 1st (Holiday)
· 1st-5th grades Curriculum Night—Tuesday, September 9th - 1st and 2nd grades @ 5:30 p.m. and 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades @ 6:30 p.m.
· Grade-level Supply Lists have been posted to the school website. Please visit the school’s webpage and click on the “Parents and Community” tab on the left.
· Kindergarten Staggered Enrollment is scheduled for August 25th through August 28th. Your child will only come to school one of these dates, depending on the first letter of your child’s last name.
*Last names (A-F) report on Monday, August 25th.
*Last names (G-L) report on Tuesday, August 26th.
*Last names (M-R) report on Wednesday, August 27th.
* Last names (S-Z) report on Thursday, August 28th.
Then, all kindergarten students will report to school on Tuesday, September 2nd.
· Are you LINKED?
Link your Harris Teeter VIC card to our school, #6354.
· Facebook—“Like” us @ New Town Elementary School.
What an exciting school year is ahead of us! Go HAWKS!
Girl Scouts Work With New Town Students
Girl Scouts, and HAWKS once ago, reached out to NTES in an effort to fulfill their Silver Award project. Three middle school students, Megan Chard, Jessica Sedotto, and Shaina Edmonds have spent their mornings, before school, working within our Kindergarten and 1st grade classrooms, assisting our current HAWKS.Full Story